Why Choose Us?
The Furniture Werks Advantage
You have choices for furniture restoration and repair. Before you choose another furniture restoration provider, ask yourself if they measure up to the Furniture Werks standard.
- We upholster AND refinish in one convenient location; no need to seek out different providers for each service.
- Upholstery and refinishing are separate areas of expertise. We have on-staff experts in refinishing and experts in upholstery, so you don’t have to sacrifice quality in one for the other.
- If you have broken pieces, we can recreate and match so precisely that you will be only one who knows it’s been repaired.
- If your furniture’s frame is weak, we will expertly reinforce it before refinishing or reupholstering.
- We repair coil springs as part of our standard reupholstery services.
- We don’t use subcontractors. All work is performed in-house.
- Premium high-resiliency foam is standard in all reupholstery work that we do.
- We use a waterless stripping process when removing old furniture finishes, so the natural color and grain of the wood is retained.
- We only use spray-on kitchen cabinet grade catalyzed lacquer finishes, which are extra smooth, extra durable and repairable.
Over 100 Years of Experience
The team at Furniture Werks has over 100 years of combined experience in furniture restoration. Lou alone has over 50 years of furniture reupholstery, repair and refinishing experience, trained by the European furniture craftsmen that worked in his father's furniture service shop in Chicago's South Shore neighborhood.
Our Customer Service
- We pick up and deliver in a dedicated, enclosed truck, protecting your piece from damage and the elements during transport.
- With 7,000 square feet, we have dedicated space in our shop for repair, refinishing and upholstery, as well as a fabric showroom with over 15,000 samples available to browse, all completely open to the public during business hours.
- We offer finishing samples so you know exactly what your refinished piece will look like.
- With a pre-finish color consultation, you can see your finish color before it’s final and have the opportunity to make adjustments.
- We have years and years of satisfied and repeat customers – just ask us!